What does UISO do? Serve and Protect: Threat and Vulnerability Management
Because Georgetown University considers the protection of University information a critical priority,we endeavor to protect by providing critical information security services and education to the GU community, equipping students, faculty and staff with the tools to better protect computers and data.
Password Change Requirement (twice per year)
April 2014: UISO celebrates the community's participation in the password change initiative. More than 29,000 GU community members changed passwords. In six months, UISO will remind students, faculty, staff and alumni to change their passwords again.
We are grateful for our users' partnership in this endeavor to protect GU information, data and personal identities.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 687-3031.
University Information Security Office Services
- NetID help
- Campus Certificate Service
- Firewall/VPN Rule Request
- Two-Factor Authentication
- VPN Request Form (Students)
Security Information Evaluations
UISO performs the following evaluations. Click here for details.
- One on one review and consultation (faculty, staff and managers)
- Education and training (attend monthly Information Security Orientation Sessions)
- Systems reviews and scans
- Security consultations for the Systems Manager
- Review of grant submissions with Data Safety Monitoring plans
- Department/section data security consultations (form)
How can I learn more about protecting information?
- What are my responsibilities to protect the activity and migration of electronic data?
- What is protected information?
- What should I know about HIPAA?
- How can I schedule a training, education seminar/forum/class?